Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Update

So here's an update! It has been roughly two years and a half, I can see. Things have changed, ideas have come and gone, and now I am ready to sacrifice my old Pantah for this build.

Since my last post, my Pantah has gotten a new engine, because the old one got torn up. And I literally mean torn up. The piston of the top cylinder had disintegrated and smashed up the cylinder. That explained the "funny" metallic sound coming from the cylinder, like a nut was being thrown around in the combustion chamber.

Luckily, the mechanic had some good contacts, and fixed me up with a 1983 650 ccm Pantah engine, which of course fitted right into the frame. The mileage of the engine was unknown, but it's interior was good looking, the mechanic said. We were rolling again.

From a crash in the forests of Sweden, my front wheel was bent out of shape, and therefore it had to be straitened out. One of the fork legs was also damaged, but it was replaceable. The front wheel was not. Two times a guy tried to straighten it out without luck, and right now, it is at the mechanic who is pricier, but have straighten it out before.

So with those little things being fixed, I am now ready to proceed with my blog here, to show you in pictures and words how my Pantah Cafe Racer is going to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment