Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Disassembly

Obviously, before something can be good, it has to be mighty bad! So I have stripped down my bike, by removing the seat, the fenders, the upper fork bridge and so on. The front wheel has come off as well, due to a crash in Sweden some years ago.


So I sent the wheel to my mechanic and his contact is fixing it these days. The rear wheel will have to come off as well, given the fact that I have just bought myself some new tyres - Firestone Deluxe Champion aka. the classic cafe racer tyres.


These look very cool, I think, and will give my Ducati a nice old school feel.

Anyways, the old front light has come off as well, along with the instruments.


So the bike has really been stripped down to it's toes. It has maybe taken me one-two hours to disassemble it, but it will definately take up a lot of extra time to put it back together again with the new parts and so on.


I will also replace the part of the wiring that I can, so that I have also disassembled. I hate cords, so I figured that if I could hide some of them, that would be excellent. So now, the fuse box, which was earlier located on the rear fender, will be located underneath the tank, with all it's cords and so on. Plus all the cords from the instruments in the front, will be hidden under the tank, and just a few cords will be visible, leading to the head light and speedometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment